With the end of the 2018 calendar year only 70 days away, it's time to turn our attention toward 2019.
Here are 7 items to add to your To-Do list.1. 2019 renewals for the Colorado Funeral Service Board will be mailed to certified professionals by December 1.
Your 2019 renewal form and payment must be received no later than January 31. Active status requires at least 6 contact hours of CE credit; renewals will be accepted at Inactive status if less than 6 hours of CE evidence is submitted.
2. The newly redesigned website for the Colorado Funeral Directors Association is expected to launch in early December. The new system will provide more functionality and enhanced communication features.
3. The much-anticipated CFDA Individual memberships will begin January 1. The new categories include:
- Professional Member - $120 per year, voting privileges
- Intern Member - $60 per year, non-voting
- Mortuary Science Student and Retired Members, non-voting
- Location Membership - $325 per location; dues includes 1 Professional Member
4. 2019 Membership Applications will ONLY be available online at www.COFDA.org.
Look for the application forms on/after December 15. Your log-in to the CFDA website is essential to accessing your CFDA Membership benefits and is necessary to minimize administrative costs.
5. For 2019, CFDA is now a Choice Affiliate of the National Funeral Directors Association. That means NFDA Establishment Membership is optional and your national dues (along with music/web licensing fees) must be issued directly to the NFDA in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
6. The CFDA's annual business meeting will be held in early December 2018. We are exploring date and location options, including a virtual town hall format to allow members from across the state to attend online. Stay tuned for details.
7. Two (2) hours of approved Colorado laws credit will be required for CFSB 2020 certification renewals. CFDA will present more Laws training classes during the 2019 calendar year to satisfy the CFSB requirement.
We intend to share more information about our 2019 plans in the coming months and hope you'll join us in the transformation.