The CFDA's annual business meeting will take place on Wednesday, December 2, 2015, at 4:30 PM at the Wellshire Event Center, 3333 S. Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO.
Members will elect the Board of Directors for 2016.
The following individuals have been nominated and confirmed as candidates for three Director at Large positions to be elected:
- 2-Year Term - Stacey Kleinman, CMSP, Archdiocese of Denver Mortuary, Wheat Ridge
- 2-Year Term - Daryl Pridy, Callahan-Edfast Mortuary, Grand Junction
- 1-Year Term - Ervin Maltbie, CFD, Maltbie Funeral Services, Springfield
Write-in candidates may be considered if they adhere to bylaws requirements. All officers or directors, prior to being elected or appointed, must have been associated with or an employee of an Establishment Member firm for at least 12 months prior to such election. An individual may carry such membership tenure from one establishment member firm to another.
The following Officers will be installed at the business meeting:
- President - Adam Findley, CFD-CET, Allnutt Funeral Service, Loveland
- Vice President - Edward Halouska, CMSP, Chaney-Reager Funeral Service, Sterling
- Secretary-Treasurer - Jehn-ai Jackson, Caldwell-Kirk Mortuary, Denver
- Immediate Past President - Carla Dolan, CMSP, Imperial Funeral Home, Pueblo
Returning ex-officio members of the Board include:
- NFDA Policy Board Rep - Michelle Bernhardt, CMSP, Sunset Memorial Gardens, Greeley
- Legislative/Advocacy Chair - Chuck Bowman, CMSP, CFSP, CCO, Horan & McConaty, Centennial
CFDA bylaws dictate the following requirements:
Article 2.2. Voting Rights
Each Establishment Member firm shall be entitled to 3 votes.
Voting may be by voice or hand unless a written ballot is called for by one or more members and approved by a majority of voting members present.
No member shall be permitted to vote by proxy.
Article 4. Membership Meetings
A Sergeant-at-Arms shall be appointed to verify credentials of those in attendance when so ordered by the presiding officer.
Article 5.1. Quorum 6 Member delegates required for quorum
Attendance by the delegates of 10% of the establishment member firms based upon a count of member firms at the end of the prior fiscal year shall constitute a quorum.