SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”.
We currently have a part time opening for a Receptionist at Olinger Highland Mortuary & Cemetery in Thornton, CO. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Receives and directs callers and visitors of a funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Performs a variety of clerical and other tasks. Typical duties include answering phones and/or operating a switchboard, opening and sorting mail, typing and/or word processing, scheduling appointments, gathering information, and maintaining files or records. Incumbents work under direct supervision, receive specific instructions on new or unfamiliar tasks, and have limited exposure to confidential information.
Administrative Support Customer Service
- Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments; direct calls to appropriate team members and resolve calls when possible.
- Greets and receive client families and visitors, maintaining a friendly empathic attitude and offering assistance and guidance as needed.
- Provides information associated with services and products courteously and in a polite manner, with a goal to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Provides information associated with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintains a comfortable environment, providing beverages and other amenities for the client families as needed.
- Ensures the entrance area of the facility is clean by providing light housekeeping as necessary
- Maintains daily facility schedule
- Assists in MeM preparation, including scanning photos and proofreading
- Other duties may include:
- Researches records for genealogy requests
- Processes Petty cash and bank deposit
- Orders markers, granite, and final date scrolls
- Maintains deed and trust files
- Completes Installation Work Orders (IWO)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months clerical and/or customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment including multi-line phone system, computers, calculators, copiers, printers, and fax machines
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accurately take messages and information
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
Who we are. What we do.
Click here for more information and to apply.