Ahlberg Funeral Chapel is an independent family owned mortuary looking to hire a Funeral Service Assistant to join our growing organization.
The Funeral Service Assistant will set-up and assist with viewings, funeral services, memorial services, etc.
- Performs a variety of tasks during funerals and visitations to assist funeral directors and ensures that services run smoothly as planned
- Assists the Funeral Director in the movement of the casketed deceased and other related paraphernalia in and out of the visitation area, funeral home chapel, church or other place of service
- Drives the hearse, family limousine or other vehicle in funeral related activities
- Applicants must have a flexible schedule, professional appearance, good attitude, and be a team player.
- Being on call and available to make removals during both the daytime and or nighttime hours.
- Picking up and transferring of bodies from morgues, hospitals, nursing facilities, homes and hospitals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and team player
- Compassionate towards others